Friday, October 30, 2015

My Pregnancy Must Haves

On the eve of my 37th week of pregnancy, I am thinking about how far I've come. Anyone who's ever been pregnant can tell you that the experience is nothing short of a roller coaster with many ups and downs - both emotionally and physically.
That said, I have put together a list of things that I have found to be incredibly helpful to me during the various stages of pregnancy. These are my top "11" Pregnancy Must Haves... and in no particular order!

  1. Intimate Portal Women's Under the Bump Maternity Bikini (2 Pack) - These are probably the most comfy panties I have ever owned. They sit nice and low in the front and don't pinch your growing belly nor fall off of your hips and bottom.
  2. Molang Diary - Don't let the name fool you, this is no diary, rather an agenda/journal. When you are pregnant, you will have a TON of doctor's appointments and remembering everything is hard. The Molang Diary is simple, clean, cute, and isn't dated - so you can begin at any time.
  3. Snoogle Pillow - The snoogle is genius. Though it does take up a bit of bed real estate, the snoogle provides so much back support. As someone who sleeps on her belly, this has helped me find a new comfortable position.
  4. VitaFusion PreNatal - These vitamins taste good and don't make me nauseous, while providing me with all the things I need to help with a healthy pregnancy. 'Nuff said! I am not a doctor and you should always check with your healthcare professional before starting or stopping any vitamin regimen.
  5. TUMS - Heartburn is awful! I had lots of heartburn in my second trimester. I found my relief in TUMS almost instantly.
  6. PregnancyChat.com - This is our first baby, so I have no idea what to expect from week to week. PregnancyChat.com is a fabulous resource with lots of great, informative videos to help you along the way. The weekly videos are my favorite and I've been watching them religiously!
  7. Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter - I love this stuff. This belly butter leaves my tummy feeling nice and soft. I am hydrated and surprisingly, the stretch marks have been minimal. There is no real strong scent and this one tub has lasted me throughout my pregnancy. A real winner!
  8. Star Brites - I didn't have morning sickness. I had all morning, afternoon, night, and middle of the night sickness. Ginger did nothing for me but mint flavors really helped a lot. In my first trimester, Star Brites were my only saving grace. I practically had these with me at all times.
  9. Motherhood Jessica Simpson Jeans - From my second to my third trimester, I have practically lived in my Jessica Simpson maternity jeans. They are soft, comfy and wear nicely. The panel is nice and high but most importantly, provides fabulous support for your bump!
  10. Motherhood Tank Tops - Layering is key when you are pregnant. I would go from hot to cold to somewhere in the middle within minutes. These tanks fit beautifully and comfortably. They pair great with cardigans, under tops and are plenty long enough to cover your entire belly.
  11. Ovia Pregnancy App - I love this app. Each day you get to learn more about your growing baby. Weekly updates are packed with great information. This app provides you with so much detail, tracks your information, gives you a safety food lookup (so helpful!), recipes to try, and articles to read. There are so many fabulous features in this little app.
What isn't on the list and what is definitely the most important "must have" is a good support system. Through the good and the bad and everything in between - having someone to count on is essential. I can't recall how many times I've cried to my BFF about all the gross things I was feeling or had my husband rub my aching and very swollen feet. Above all, your support system is the most important part of bringing you comfort during pregnancy. Don't be afraid to rely on them and ask for help.
Happy Friday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...