Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Post Pregnancy Weight

Post pregnancy weight - UGH!!!


Before my pregnancy, I was already dealing with weight issues. Because I was also dealing with some medical issues, I found it incredibly easy to place a bunch of excuses around the fact that I was not losing the extra weight. I was gaining.


Now that I have a daughter who is already quite demanding, I think it is important that I also place a certain amount of attention on my health. If I wasn't already determined to get myself in tip-top shape (and I would like to believe I was), I can say with confidence that I am now.
The thing about post pregnancy weight is that, for me, it is a lot like the weight I was dealing with during my medical issues. What I mean is that I find it easy to forgive myself for the sodas and cookies because I had a c-section (7 weeks ago) and my body still needs to recover before I begin beating myself up (no, not really).
So here I am. Post pregnancy weight is only slightly more that pre pregnancy weight. Though the New Year is a few days away and everyone is making resolutions (which I hate because they never stick - for me, anyway) I am still challenging myself in losing unnecessary weight and gaining good health. I am putting the treats down (for the most part). I am reengaging.
I'd love to hear from other mommies who have shared a similar journey. What did you do to lose the baby weight? What tricks and secrets have you learned that you are willing to share?
I am thinking of rejoining Fitocracy, which worked wonders for me another lifetime ago. If you are on there, let me know so we can connect!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...